Part Time, hourly
200 E. St. John Street, Spartanburg, SC
November 20, 2017
How to Apply
To apply, submit cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Coordinator” in the subject through November 20, 2017.
Primary Position Description
Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the fundraising of the Spartanburg County Historical Association in Spartanburg, South Carolina. The Development Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director and Membership Board Committees in creating and implementing an annual fundraising and stewardship plan with goals, objectives, and strategies for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting membership and corporate and private gifts.
Description of Work /Primary Job Factors:
· Actively cultivate and nurture relationships with past, current, and potential donors in the Upstate region looking for revenue growth and increased donor investment.
· Collaborate with the Executive Director and Fundraising and Membership Board Committees to design and execute development campaign including brochure, online giving campaigns, direct mail solicitations, etc
· Manage donor recognition and stewardship program to retain donors and encourage increased engagement
· Lead organization to increase donor retention with special emphasis on first-time donors and lapsed donors
· Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
· Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
· Direct and coordinate capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
· Utilize computer software to support strategic donor cultivation and solicitation; and to prepare campaign management reports, campaign forecasting, prospect tracking, etc
· Insure accurate and timely gift record-keeping, management of database, and all records, files, gift processing, pledge reminder and donor acknowledgements
· Provide support for the Executive Director, staff, and committee members and other campaign leadership as well as the Board of Trustees. Attend Development Committee related meetings.
· Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
· Perform other related duties as requested.
· Spartanburg County Resident
· Must embrace the mission of the Spartanburg County Historical Association (SCHA).
· Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
· Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques particularly major gift fundraising.
· Possess the skills to work with and motivate volunteers, staff, and board members.
· Have the desire to build external relationships to benefit SCHA.
· Be self- motivated and goal driven initiating donor visits and fundraising calls.
· Be organized and exhibit follow through on tasks and goals.
· Display a positive attitude, show concern of community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, and good listening ability.
· A bachelor’s degree.
· Proven ability to multitask and event planning skills
· High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint