Historic Spartanburg Commemorative Ornament

ornament.jpg
ornament.jpg
image3.JPG
ornament.jpg
ornament.jpg
image3.JPG

Historic Spartanburg Commemorative Ornament

15.00

The geographic center of Spartanburg County and the heart of downtown Spartanburg has been known as Morgan Square since the Daniel Morgan Monument was erected in 1881.  It was commissioned to commemorate the centennial of the Battle of Cowpens, one of the most important American victories of the Revolutionary War.  The monument was the first collaboration of all thirteen original states (and Tennessee) after the Civil War, and its dedication on May 11, 1881 was the largest civic event in Spartanburg's history.  This scene from the 1940s shows twentieth-century changes to the northwest side of Morgan Square.  Clearly visible in the background are the Cleveland Hotel, built in 1917, and the Masonic Temple, designed and built by local architect Frank Collins in 1928.

Fine porcelain ornament with 24 kt. gold accents

Quantity:
Add To Cart